Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January 1, 2013 ~ Resolve

January 1st is the perfect day to start a 365 day photo challenge. I spent a good portion of the day thinking over what I'd done this past year and what I wanted to change. Unfortunately, I wasn't terribly pleased with what I reflected on from my 2012. To be honest, I spent most of the last year doing absolutely nothing. I barely (read: didn't at all) picked up my camera, took no steps towards pursuing a career in music, and wasted my time on people who don't even matter. This made me feel pretty dismal, so I'm changing that. After finding a photo-a-day challenge, I've dedicated myself to achieving it. No excuses. I have a try out for a band in a couple weeks. It's useless for me to say that I want to be in a touring band when I make no effort towards actually achieving it. Therefore, this year is going to be different.



The first day of the photo challenge is resolve. This year, I resolve to change things and actually pursue my goals. No more sitting around on Tumblr and wishing I was doing the things I admire others for doing. I'm going to spend my 2013 creating the art I love, and ideally the rest of my life. 

Although part of my resolution is to photograph, I had to use my camera to take the picture. Instead, I focused on the music aspect of it. I love bands and concerts and music. I don't want to spend all my time obsessing over other people who are living their own lives and following their dreams. It's time for me to follow my own dreams. 2013 is going to be full of music and my own goals. I'm going to join/start a band. I'm going to improve my vocals. I'm going to work toward being everything I've always wanted to be. 

Basically, I'm going to make 2013 my bitch.



No comments:

Post a Comment